一种在有机农场里以劳力换取食宿的旅行。

[复制链接]
鲜花(115) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-6-19 10:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
请看以下内容。 建议组织申请成为会员($40 ),这些农场资源可以长期使用,大家共享或作为组织常规活动之一。
1 h) x9 f9 U7 N* e* G  `  j! h6 x5 A" N& S$ X
http://www.chinasmile.net/csnews/tcnews/7219.shtml1 s5 L8 x) s9 H0 b, }

, {6 x  J2 G; c Willing Workers On Organic Farms and World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. Vacationing in Canada and volunteering on Organic Farms is a great way to broaden your education and practical experience. It also serves as a great way to inexpensively travel. Over 500 farm hosts - a great variety of choices - will introduce you to the many interesting aspects of Canadian farms and gardens. WWOOFing is a cultural exchange and a helping exchange.     
/ t! \2 Q' c# \& ?, b9 `: E) u* T1 [0 |* u
For those coming from overseas - Europe and Asia - you must have a simple basic understanding of English. You will be expected to learn, share and participate in the daily farm/garden and home activities. You are welcome to stay 1 week or longer; some hosts request a minimum of 2 weeks - so that you can orientate yourself to the farm scene; many volunteers stay 1-3 weeks then move on to another farm - thus gaining a variety of experiences. You are free as to how long you can stay depending on the Host's requirements.
7 {0 N  Z8 \* D9 l; Q- V' W, G1 I
% _7 A/ a+ A# I& |
The following is a preview of host farm information online.! J/ F) Z3 q5 h' |9 H4 k
You must become a member to receive host contact information.
3 k  w5 R1 N/ M2 R! ]1 S3 b  L" h# T2 M8 I, Q  B/ a
Once you become a member of WWOOF Canada, you will receive by mail the current; \- Y% F0 H& S$ I- ~
WWOOF Canada directory with all contact information for all host farms.- k& A/ L) n; C8 w
# U6 E- J+ s1 U5 U4 I! I: X- F
Click here to become a member of WWOOF Canada. http://www.wwoof.ca/canada/content/start.html
7 u, C- t1 n. `$ i/ \Fee: Canada - $40 CDN (includes postage)
( x$ G- Z. V/ W$ s& x& t. \/ o5 R# g0 }& @+ x% {  {" S' a

9 L7 U8 Q7 J) Z  j. X7 y--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* ~0 m& I9 D9 gHosts as of April 2005 Alberta的四月份的农场需求0 E6 J3 p% {+ F, A  p/ l
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ |- s6 l* [$ d( x  L( y7 D
1 k2 Q* F3 u' t6 TAB1
, ~; Z* c+ h/ o; ?6 zI have a large home recently renovated and moving towards solar. Large yard is 80% redesigned and landscaped. Now needs planting (no lawns). Nearby (walk or bike) is a shared organic garden for bulk, root and berry crops fed with a large compost. Four people share living in the home. Myself, my son Mikhail and two roommates. Any diet accommodated, no smoking in the home, you can pitch a tent, get a room or sleep upside down in a closet. Could be a good starting point for your visit to Western Canada.
- b0 H9 Z0 d& L0 t- K' L" @- l9 n0 l' q$ Y( ^6 d; f; _
AB2
( z& c; N9 Z2 ~We farm 85 acres which is all certified organic. We are approx. l5 min. from a resort & 30 min. from Red Deer - a small city. We are a very down to earth couple in our late 50’s yet young at heart. We basically eat the regular meals, nothing fancy. During the busy times in summer we tend to fend for ourselves at mealtime. We basically have weeding, irrigation & marketing as duties on the farm. We work long hours when necessary. . F; Q* d* ]+ `- B

/ K3 ~+ O) z, S* n. jAB3% s4 k) s8 A" y& b- x, l+ m
In 1998, after taking an organic course through Assinabia College, we started the road to becoming an organic farm which also gave us the capability of being an organic inspector. We network with organic users and other organic producers as well as farming 1440 acres which will be 100% organic in 2 years time. We are raising an ancient grain - Spelt along with flax. Both are grown specially for specific end users. We have a family of 3 children who have all graduated from high school. We feel that many hands make light work so we would be very pleased to welcome you to our farm.
3 H1 b, ]% d! p1 w) b3 `1 ?- p: |! t* k% O# p, |3 {* i" N
AB4
; a. O& z+ C. XA family owned & operated cattle & grain farm. It is located on 3000 acres in the northern mixed grass prairie of east central Alberta. The farm produces a variety of organic cereal crops, livestock feed & beef. Duties would include livestock handling & feeding, operating farm equipment, fence repair & gardening. Knowledge of the duties described would be an asset with an emphasis on operating machinery. Help is required for any time during the year, particularly May - Oct. Accommodation is provided in the host family home. + g# P2 I; c% [

+ u3 r5 b/ |2 t4 m8 P# C% Q5 |AB5' P  Z+ y$ S3 T$ X! J  H4 a
We are located in East Central Alberta. We own, live & work on their 320 certified organic farms. During the summer months, we raise broiler chickens &/or turkeys. Year round, we raise a small herd of meat goats & laying hens. We have dabbled in raising medicinal herbs & native fruit crops. In summer, accommodation is either in our home or a 1910 schoolhouse which has been converted into a bunkhouse. In winter, accommodation is in our home. Come & enjoy the company of an international stopping place, since we have hosted exchange students from all over the world. Meals, with an international flare, are shared with the family, & anyone else who happens by. WWOOFers will experience some enjoyable times, because, along with our friends, we do have a sense of humour. WWOOFers are welcome all year round, with longer stays appreciated. 2 V! o+ {3 c( ^8 q" b1 Q( U8 h7 H
8 B+ }9 P+ ^3 p5 `& j& G
AB6
, \, t: K% o/ H( n$ M2 }) aAn organic ranch west of Grande Prairie in the Peace Region of Albertan located on the edge of civilization. The ranch is considered an ecological reserve comprising of 3360 acres of mostly aspen forest with 3 creeks & several beaver ponds. Certified organic since 1990, we raise cattle, buffalo, pigs, free range chickens & turkeys. Busy times are from April to December but help is appreciated throughout the year. Work is centered around caring for the animals & every day offers a new experience. Accommodation is separate from the family home. Volunteers should be independent, innovative & ready for adventure! We’ll pick you up in Beaverlodge, Grande Prairie or Dawson Creek. Check out the website & give us a call. Any length of stay is welcome. . m! b4 ?5 {3 i, r* X
! C# p! y" t- I* e9 E, A
AB7
+ A- X+ J# h: T3 `Our farm has 800 acres, in which 500 is close to the main yard, town is only 5 miles away. There are nearby bison, elk & deer farms. Horse trail rides can be arranged. We have 2 yards, need help taking care of them, other jobs are available in the custom farming business - also operate a custom hay farm & business along with this farm. Basic help is all that is asked for - yard work, shop work, tractor driving when required with some knowledge. This farm is not totally organic. Please check us out. & Q4 @) g: S7 g

" g6 X/ |6 G2 Q5 j  c) P% XAB8
/ o- D8 f; ]. V. G" [) GOur farm is in the Lakeland region of Northeastern Alberta. The farmland is in rolling, wooded terrain dotted by large & small lakes. We are a certified organic farm for 7 years. Our main focus of production is a “budding” fruit tree orchard with approximately 1300 fruit trees, of which 1100 are apple fruit. There are also plum, pear & cherry trees, along with shelterbelt plantings of Saskatoon & sea buckthorn berries. We also grow some vegetables, cereal grains & hay. You will live with us in our home. Meals are substantial, versatile & delicious. We offer a variety of social & cultural experiences in & around our community. Through participation in WWOOF we look forward to expand on these experiences. ! K, [* ]0 _3 _3 L
" [1 S, v$ K8 J& p4 v3 P
AB9+ V# v( J: p) o
We live 40 km north of Grande Prairie, 1.5 km west of Highway 2. On our 150 certified organic acres, we harvest culinary, medicinal & common edible herbs & vegetables. The majority of our work is spring/summer/fall. In the winter basket making, quilting & now papermaking. We have room for 1 or 2 any time of the year. Our diet is everything from the simple to the elegant, leaning towards vegetarian. From herbs to handmade herbal paper, hiking to X-country skiing, come & see spectacular northern lights dancing! Offering wildcrafting apprenticeship in non-timber forest harvesting. ; V5 `& C$ L- q/ T0 S0 U; @% ^

' l( g" l! m' M5 ^0 s. K+ l2 W. sAB10) c: I& e9 Q2 z9 C
Come & see the wonderful Peace River region, with all its beautiful sunrises/sunsets. Experience the land & learn to love it as I do. I live 35 km north of Grande Prairie on 14 acres of trees, pasture, pond & a large garden. I share my day with cows, chickens, dogs & cats. Presently in my 3rd year of growing garlic. Work on my farm includes gardening, fencing, hauling hay, straw & wood, caring for animals & general maintenance of buildings. Rooms & shared accommodation in my home April – Nov for 2. Meals available, food provided, vegetarians welcome. Organic small fruit/vegetable farm north of Grande Prairie, Alberta.
) v6 r4 a4 K( j; W! |9 Y) D6 W+ T: l0 a1 ?3 g: E
AB11
* \; T3 P& D0 e) `: l9 d/ V6 @; eHello from beautiful Sundre, Alberta. Sundre is near Banff. Horses & cattle are the majority livestock. We mostly work with horses (Tennessee Walking Horses) using the Natural Horsemanship method of training. We have 6 kids - 5 teens & one 4yr old. We have a large 7 bedroom home. In the past we’ve enjoyed numerous different cultural guests. Gardening as well as a carpentry & construction business keep us busy. We foster children. Our children go to a private Christian school. Light housekeeping, assistance in keeping our home tidy, gardening & farm assistance, interests in livestock are most appreciated. Lots of opportunity to work with horses & other livestock!!!! We welcome people all year round. n/s, n/d, female only. 7 x7 `  M9 Z; I* c

% s' B, n0 [( n3 I) l6 E8 _AB12
$ @1 R1 M7 U6 D8 r5 {Progressive & funky multi-generational family farm. Motivated & fun loving individuals needed to help with vegetables, meats & cereal grains & the operation of a CSA which runs from May-October. Accommodate up to 8 people on a year round basis. Delicious meals for both vegetarian & omnivores. Private (VW van, yurt or tent) or communal accommodation. A flexible work/play schedule, intelligent conversation, gorgeous view & proximity to Rocky Mountains on the Prairie. Strawbale construction, bio-diesel poduction, sustainable agriculture & bio-dynamic practices. Trips to mountains & other places (local pub?) are not unknown! Bring your creativity, industriousness, responsibility & an awareness of organic production. English, German & Dutch are all at home on our farm - we look forward to working & playing hard with you!! 3 x; `9 d5 S+ q( z2 V7 {. j4 D

- M# e0 ^( `/ L! \5 h; V6 ^  LAB13) {8 Q6 x! P, Q; f1 q  J
I have a landscape company, based out of a small town called Niton Junction which is located between Edmonton and beautiful, world renowned Jasper. This ranch consists of 500 acres of land which currently supports 30 horses. The main home is a large 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom log home situated in a picturesque setting. The tree nursery work consists of pruning, planting seedlings and cultivating on site, as well as travelling throughout Alberta and British Columbia to dig trees as well as landscape. This business is seasonal, starting in early spring & going on until snow falls. During the summer, however, we do go on many day trips with the horses as well as going up to the mountains for trail rides & camp outs. There are many horses that need to be ridden on a daily basis which is done in the evening after work. If you enjoy the outdoors & this lifestyle appeals to you, please feel free to contact me.
$ h% B8 m* t1 V' {* A1 Q3 X
- `) k: x0 ~! M5 D* FAB148 G; y& {& e1 Q( s
We have a mixed grain, oilseeds, garden & herbs certified organic farm situated 100 miles north Edmonton. We are upgrading our fences to get some hogs & chicken for organic sale. Accommodation: 1 bedroom in our home, meals will be with our family or the 5th wheel trailer - when available. We are happy to have volunteers come for a week, a month or all season. We can pick you up in Edmonton. ' ?# R, v( n4 g+ O# W+ o! T* ?  V
5 O* t* _/ [. g. w3 p9 O5 `
AB15
' h+ ]9 x, G- M, PWe have 780 acres certified land. We raise pastured beef, pork, poultry, laying hens & turkeys. Farm is sixty minutes from City of Edmonton, four hours from Jasper. Food is organic& plentiful. Duties are varied- livestock feeding, Farmers’ Market, gathering, washing & grading eggs, fence building/ repair, cutting wood, gardening, etc. Knowledge of farm machinery would be beneficial but not mandatory. Accommodation in the home of the family–option of 5th-wheel trailer most of the summer. A self-starter with sense of humour, willingness to learn & work hard with pride in your work are the requirements. Non-smoking household. Help required any time of the year but especially through busy season of May-October. We would like WWOOFers to stay for over one week, preferably all Summer & winter Guests are most welcome. % a, C; c4 T+ p, e

$ W+ C% ^2 R0 |$ oAB16
1 [6 B4 T# |* v- }5 [+ V) XWe own a 956 acre certified organic mixed grain & beef ranch, one hour east of Edmonton. The land is scenic. We enjoy beautiful summer days & warm evenings. We offer a chance to work with cattle (including the A.I. process) do field work, haying & harvesting. There are several lovely lakes nearby & many local festivals & fairs during the summer. Private accommodation can be provided in the farm home or serviced holiday trailer. Good farm meals provided. This is an adult, non-smoking home needing help July-October. 7 g5 c! f2 O  X

$ D. z6 _6 Y8 w. _( E( h3 ]4 |AB17
) e" l( W3 A6 K+ ?) yWelcome to our Wild Horse Ranch on beautiful virgin property. Small scale eco tourism. Sleigh, buggy rides & cross country skiing. Propagation of Wild Black Currants, product development B jams, jellies, syrup, teas, etc. Highest source of vitamin C & other medicinal qualities. Variety of organic potatoes. We offer healthy meals & cozy living quarters in a log lodge or open beam home. We work long hours & take as many breaks as needed. Professional training on horses provided for long term, committed, year round, non-smokers. Winter WWOOFers welcome. Give your best at this Ranch & you will be very richly rewarded. We offer a year round apprenticesip - ask for details.
# M. j" H4 Z+ {5 N# \
+ U3 t* e6 O5 o6 O$ r  H, dAB18
$ q( `) F* Q+ s' m5 s( tWe operate Pica Springs Ranch south of Pincher Creek in the southwestern Alberta foothills. Our ranch is a fully organic (OCIA-certified) cow-calf operation. 300 acres of hay & cropland & 1700 acres of grassland & mixed aspen forest. Principal ranch work activities; April May calving, May farming, May-July fencing, June-September checking cows at pasture, July-August haying & picking weeds, October-November roundup & weaning. There is never a lack of work at Pica Springs, but we also enjoy hiking in Waterton Lakes National Park & swimming when it’s warm enough. Accommodations; in a detached bunkhouse. We eat balanced meals that often include beef. Comfortable hiking-type shoes & warm clothes, especially wind-resistant outerwear, are advised for potential visitors to this area.
  U; x# a: [+ z* G# Z
9 E. T7 A# \; N* H2 g( Y+ N# cAB19+ a# R6 {* p' M3 t2 d4 z$ K( v1 x' ]( D
We have a log house located in the country, our meals contain a variety of vegetables, fruits, & meats. Some words to describe our home/greenhouse : market garden, farming, tractors, small store, unique, naturally grown: bedding plants, vegetables, fruits, variety of animals, holistic intentions, gardens, friendly, easy going yet hard working, picking & cleaning strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, peppers, building willow furniture & unique wooden pieces, family orientated, interested in different cultures. Conditions: you must like plants & animals & be able to smile.
! z" S! X6 J4 W. d: e9 C4 S1 m" E8 s8 @+ @5 A
AB20& Y. I4 f" q# `* x% O
Come and experience the most unique farm in Canada, a working horse farm with one of the world’s largest collections of working antique horse machinery. We grain farm, with cattle and horse ranching, as well as an active restoration shop. We raise very large purebred Percheron Draft Horses and at least twice a year we do a draft horse demonstration, for example the 2 world record 46 horse hitch and an annual threshing bee. An individual who wants to apprentice for a teamster is high on our list. We have 2 young children and lots of animals. We serve western Canadian meals. Camper trailer accommodations. Seasonal help is required April-Oct.
( Q8 b4 e- ?8 \& m* \. t! h* {' J: Y2 l' s* J
[ Last edited by youthheart on 2005-6-19 at 01:37 PM]
鲜花(1394) 鸡蛋(16)
发表于 2005-6-23 22:45 | 显示全部楼层
估计别人跟我差不多:没看懂
鲜花(70) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-7-3 23:27 | 显示全部楼层
如果你组织我就去.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-28 17:01 , Processed in 0.677307 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, APC On.