找回密码
 注册
查看: 1172|回复: 2

tips on winter driving (ZT)

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-10-31 19:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
The winter coming, will see many skidding vehicles on and down to the road. I Would like to share my experience in skidding control. The whole course includes a SMARRT driving, Commentary driving, Skid control and animal/Head-on avoidance. Ohhh, it's heart beating of the last two.& `4 l$ d7 I0 o: h

8 v+ |7 a- y% @5 @( \. kTalking about the skid control training, I speed up to 50 km/h before entering a wet slippery surface, the trainer lock the rear wheel with a little computer device, the vehicle (ford expedition) immediately skidded and made a rear to front 180 degree rotation, that is amazing!(not amazing on the real road). Second around, he locked the front wheels, the vehicle skidding straight away and the steering wheel was locked(I can't steer). Then third round, the rear wheels was locked to skid but I was taught to immediately snap the gear to neutral position (disconnect engine force, but not everyone can react quickly to doing so)and steer toward the point I want to go, the vehicle was simply drafted without rotating too much like the first case. Then, all wheels were locked, well, you know the result, the vehicle were totally out of control, skidding anywhere unpredictably. The last, he engaged the ABS system and didn't lock any wheels and I was asked to step the brake to the bottom hardly until the car stop. It finally stop without heart beat even though with little bit curvure.
" a7 a: c3 a9 }/ S/ t
/ x+ b5 P" v0 YWhat all this tell us are:
) ~. l+ h  Z* V; h6 u: w2 f5 b- |
. C* U. a# c; J" z6 |1. In case of rear wheel skidding, don't panic, act fast to snap the gear to N position if you could, most importantly is to steer the wheel toward the place you want to stop depending on the road and traffic condition. Please remember - Don't let your car skid cross to the left to avoid head on collision. No need to mention Head on is most deadly and it's the last we want to happen.4 M3 w7 c' X: T0 }6 Y* R5 y' S
$ Y% B' ^8 W: m8 F  {: _! B
2. By all means by a car with ABS equipped. It's our lucky most of vehicles, even economic car, equipped with ABS.   F4 F/ D5 G7 h5 K6 G

! o9 ~2 V9 B, ~3. If your car has no ABS, on icy or slippery road 3 E/ m2 T) |& y6 y! i' @  y
DO NOT BRAKE HARD. the wheels will be locked by doing so and the car will skid everywhere. In stead, you have to do threshold braking - step the brake, release, step again,... 1 h6 C- K! [" \2 A+ q( ]5 C

. F$ v8 U" ]7 `; h( p% s  N5 U& V  \4. Front wheel drive is less skid then rear wheel drive due to the weight distribution and the PULL force while rear wheel is a PUSH.
! u. z6 J. C& Q" l& v0 j) N/ ?* m1 d2 T, d
5. Don't misunderstood with the all wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. They are nice to start your way (let you go), but it's not neccessarily better when your car have already being in skidding and you want to stop.
6 O# {0 M; H$ ^% o
0 S( D' u1 o% U4. Last, but not least, and prohlps best, don't over speed, drive the speed to fit the road condition.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-19 22:14 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-20 14:28 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #1 小叶子 的帖子

Hmm, thanks for sharing. Your English is getting better.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-29 23:29 , Processed in 0.085387 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On, APC On.