注册
查看: 1223|回复: 0

有人愿意带孩子参加这个研究吗?

[复制链接]
鲜花(14) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2015-4-17 13:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
大家好!
* R2 C# T7 Q! J$ M我们研究室的一个博士生在做婴儿如何学会说话方面的研究,分别在孩子6个月、9个月、12个月时,与孩子见面,一起玩一些游戏,同时录像,然后回来分析录像。  N2 f5 [" \; P5 C  {7 h# i9 x0 h
她已经联系了20多个孩子,还需要更多孩子的数据。
) r7 v+ J6 q  q' R/ @5 A% i* X如果有妈妈对这个研究感兴趣的话,可以和她联系。谢谢!, O9 U0 a- t/ K" Q
Poliana, (780) 492-0036
/ y: p2 |; t! N, c+ xpoliana@ualberta.ca
9 C( O  E. A9 e) s4 s( a5 r
0 T" F( }, l" N. A8 q/ ]# F以下是一些详细信息:
2 v2 a1 a; z: Q1 \, B1 VDear Parent or Guardian,, P2 n0 b6 r6 e7 _5 j# _
I am Elena Nicoladis, a researcher at the University of Alberta. With graduate student Poliana Barbosa, I3 c) J6 b! P: e. ]! ^7 i
am conducting a study titled, “Language, Self-Recognition and Attachment Development: Possible pathways”,) G' L; _, h' f3 Z
concerning babies between 6- and 18- months of age. The purpose of the study is to understand how language and+ m' R2 N7 U# _3 s
attachment are related. For example, we want to know if babies that are good at relating to people around them
  i; M9 s$ h! V+ Swill acquire language earlier and faster.8 q5 Z: l3 g7 Y5 m
7 M* k9 o! Y1 }0 p; O* [* @
In order to find out, we will videotape you and your baby during a free play situation for approximately
' L3 }6 _# d9 z- x, i5 P30 minutes, at 6, 9, and 12 months of age. We know that babies are unpredictable so if you would like us to stop4 H( e% T# J+ U, W8 `& `- K, L
videotaping even after we have arrived, we will do so immediately. We can either reschedule for another day or5 q5 T1 D# i- w: s" j
simply skip this visit. Every visit, we will ask if we may contact you again for the next visit’s videotaping: you) n; k7 w8 r- I" J/ L* a. z
may say no at any time. In the video we will look for cues your baby might use in order to learn words. If your4 j& S! Y. V0 Q, v: J
baby starts speaking before 12 months, we will note down the words used.
1 k! C4 L" ?9 \
! j5 ^" Z6 C. I$ f6 @# K  |- ~( cAt 6, 9 and 12 months, we will also ask you to fill out a brief questionnaire with infants’ common
  @" e9 d2 y7 o8 Z9 wbehaviors. You will chose in a scale from 1 to 7 those behaviors that are more descriptive of your baby (7) and# _( C2 v  k$ c' v: t' J$ u
those that a least descriptive (1). This should last about 15 minutes.
9 i, n0 S% A+ Y* }' p9 r: b* n2 o
Starting in the age of 9 months, we you ask you to take note of any word your baby might spontaneously, a  x/ l) o) j- `3 Y# G1 r$ E/ c
produce. And at 9, 12 and 18 months of age, we will ask you to mark from a list of words any words your baby
6 e( F# D4 o# l; k# L" C1 Lknows. We will also give you index cards with infants’ common behaviors and ask you to sort them according to( b1 j5 O" W4 ~5 p
those behaviors that are more like your baby’s own behaviors. It should take around 30 minutes.$ c' e* N5 W: @1 {! Q/ V

( \/ A+ s8 L* P* g3 b9 _Finally, at 12 and 18 months we will measure your son/daughter language through a standard test. In this,- Y: c2 E$ q/ c' T! f! I2 ~
the child will basically point to pictures and nominate objects./ ]+ Q% L. ^# w. r2 f+ R- q1 x$ V! l
1 G5 y8 [1 Z& _
The entire study will take maximum twelve months. You will receive a DVD with all the recordings done
. R* d" g0 i! u: j  l: hover the course of the study. In the future, we would like to visit you and your baby one more time, when he/she
- t; H" Z( ]9 \" q9 mis 24-month old, when we will measure the child’s vocabulary and language development. This last session will
3 ]: i9 ?; y7 F7 t8 `% _take about 30 minutes. If we may contact you to see if you are willing to do this follow-up session, please indicate
  {& d' ]9 {4 @# s6 {/ Oon the next page. If we contact you later on, you may always decide that you no longer wish to participate.  D* A! M8 ]( v9 S+ }
As a default, all videos and computer files are only accessible to those involved in the research. The data
- Z0 R% K; g& I9 a0 eare stored in a room at the University, with access limited to lab personnel. If you are willing to allow us to show
! Y9 ^1 g+ s" \$ yvideo clips of you and your baby to scientific audiences, please indicate on the next page. No names will be used$ \# E; d' i/ y% w, o4 _# a
in the storing or presenting of information, only codes. The data will be kept for a minimum of five years and
; d4 m' j0 o& x( }9 e$ I" T; ^destroyed when no longer in use. The anonymous coded results will be used for research articles, presentations,
; c/ V: j. P  aand teaching. Research assistants will comply with the University of Alberta Standards for the Protection of
. t. i6 n/ H% h9 |9 D: ^Human Research. You are also able to end participation at any time up until we publish the results in scientific( ]/ n: w& @" A# l% n* v( i
journals without any repercussions. It is worth to noticed that there is no direct benefits or risks to both the child
4 F- H8 {5 i: H5 [) Y6 z& `" xand the parents participating in this study.; }. v: C0 f0 V/ c5 J
6 ?+ n4 ~$ J1 }/ h- M, y  t5 q
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your rights as a participant, or how this study is being
' G' u3 u7 l& Oconducted, you may contact the University of Alberta's Research Ethics Office at 780-492-2615. This office has8 I/ j8 V6 @  e, [7 \1 l
no affiliation with us., D. _! g( d( a3 \5 d

& P- @) v' T4 CIf you agree to participate and to allow your child to participate, please sign the permission slip on the
/ l- @  k" A# I, v$ Snext page. You are welcome to keep this letter for your records. If you have any questions, our contact- u& K( a! p* A
information is provided. Feel free to contact us at any time.% Z  L+ V1 V& W# N9 }. O

+ I, |' T$ L- O0 [3 a  rThank you for your consideration,
; t$ l2 D' O! h! ~  f1 T; ~% J9 s9 p4 I5 v
Dr. Elena Nicoladis, PhD
2 u) \& }6 j$ m, V- k! k  k(780) 492-0124  C& X6 |7 g* J3 F
elenan@ualberta.ca3 s2 s5 u: l1 _5 N, P  z+ O
; h8 `7 P8 [9 F. A& M
Poliana G. Barbosa, PhD student; b8 S; y% G% n! H6 ?
(780) 492-0036* R5 a' r/ K/ @4 }* ]4 g/ a
poliana@ualberta.ca
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-29 15:33 , Processed in 0.114594 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.