鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-19 14:34 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
孩子虽小,还是先了解一下较好。
鲜花(26) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-19 14:51 | 显示全部楼层

Are these written by Korean?

原帖由 酷暑严寒 于 2007-10-19 14:36 发表
& O/ X+ Z0 Q+ `# l) R1 m* e楼主的帖子,就好比黑暗中刺裂夜空的闪电,又好比撕开乌云的阳光,一瞬间就让我如饮甘露,让我明白了永恒的真理在这个世界上是真实存在着的。只有楼主这样具备广阔胸怀和完整知识体系的人,才能作为这真理的唯一引言 ...
7 f0 M) \' f- Y

1 L: g0 K# k+ W( o" l, g" l
鲜花(26) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-19 15:01 | 显示全部楼层

what's LD?

who's LD?
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-19 15:23 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢!

老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
想知道一些经验!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-19 21:23 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-19 23:15 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
Sorry, I can not type Chinese on my computer and I hope every one can understand the following imformation I share with:5 f7 q$ t! D# B) d& M3 _0 s7 ?
First, thanks Mr. Yung for providing such information.
( r: Q9 H, c1 b* Z# i. MI would like to talk about my daughter's experience for those parents who think their kids are SMART!
  t4 N7 Y# b/ d9 n6 ~
- Q& `( i% {, q5 Z2 S' KMy daughter studied at a francophone school from kindergarten to grade 2. She did not know French and I do not know, neither. When she brought little and simple homework home and asked me how to do it, I always told her, "Don't ask me, I do not know anything about French. Go ask your teacher, from now on, you should ask your teacher about any question you have. I can not help you." So she had learned to asked teacher since grade one. Althought I worried about her French, the teacher told me not to worry. She said kids can learn any language well when they are young. She is the only Asian kid in her class, and it is not allowed to speak English in school.....the pride of French! My daughter speaks French at school, speaks English outside of school and speaks Chinese with me, the only person who speak Chinese with her in her life. She was doing pretty well, according to what teachers told me. But she had a very bad time at grade 2. Some kids were making fun at her, like call her "Dog". "Chien" is one of her Chinese character name, but in French "Chien" means Dog. Those kids laughed at her Chinese little eyes, bugged her, pushed her table, stepped on her toes........The teacher was the first-year-fresh teacher, she had no experience to teach those kids how to respect others. My daughter had mentioned that she wanted to learn Spanish. It was just a chance that we moved in August, 2006 and I found there is a Spanish academy school in my neighborhood. I phoned the school and told them I wanted to register for my daughter to study in grade 3. Actually, few months ago I found the AD of Grandin school in downtown had Spanish program, I phoned and talked to the school, but they said my daughter can not register because she did not know Spanish. I asked,"If you do not let her register for the Spanish program, of course she will never learn Spanish." But the school still said no to me. I had to give up. 2006 summer I found Mill Creek School, I talked to the principal. She said, "No, your daughter can not register at this school because she has never learned Spanish." I said,"If you do not let her register, of course she will not have the chance to learn Spanish. I am her mom, I know she is smart. She has been at Francophone school since kindergarten, and she is doing very well without help from family(me, single mom). I can show you her report card from the francophone school. And how can you say that she can not register at this school because she does not know Spanish? She has the will to learn Spanish, and you do not give her the chance. Before you give her the chance, you already reject her. Why can't you just give her a chance to try? If she falls, I can take her back to francophone or any English school right away. I am asking you to give her a chance." Then she said, "Ok, please bring her report card and her come to have a interview." I took my daughter there, the principal and vice principal(will be the grade 3 teacher) were there. The principal said, "I respect the teacher's decision wether she will take your daughter in her class or not." They saw the report card and then the vice principal said, "What I most worry about is the math, because the math will be taught in Spanish. Your daughter's math seems pretty good, so I do not worry so much now, I will take her and we will see in 3 months".....bla bla bla. She started her grade in Spanish class, of course, she was the only Chinese kid in her class, again. About homework, sorry, her mom still had not learned Spanish yet. She already learned to ask the teacher before she brings home the homework...now as applies it as in Francophone school. She got "B" for Spanish language on the first report card, and later she got "A" on the second and third report card. At the end of the year, she got "Excellent" for both math and English at the provincial test for grade 3. I was thinking to put her back to that francophone school at grade 4. I went to see the principal on their open house. He said, "No, your daughter can not come back here because she already missed this school for one year. And she does not have francophone background(right....we are Chinese!), I do not think she can catch up all subject in French." I said,"Yes, we do not have francophone background. But if you go to check her file in your office, you will see how well she had been doing from kindergarten to grade 2 at your school. And yer, we do not have Spanish background, neither. Would you like to see her straight "A" report card from the Spanish school? If she had been in this school for 3 years and was doing very well, you should not have excuse to reject her coming back." He said, "I do not know how you let your daughter entered this school since kindergarten. Our policy is only kids with francophone background allowed to register at this school." He he he, when my daughter was going to kindergarten, I went to have interview with the francophone principal, at that time it was a female principal, she asked me some questions like "why you want to let your daughter come to this school", "do you have francophone background" At the end she gave my daughter a chacne to "try try".....so, that is it! ) Q9 U+ ]( ]8 g7 a

' Z* P7 H8 u2 [9 o; c* KI want to tell all the parents. You have to fight for the chance for your kids. We are in Canada, if you have acceptable reason, and you speak it out, mostly you can get what you want!!! If you worry your English is not very good, ask your friends or even your white Canadian friends to help you.5 x5 J( X- i( u

; f' Z& l1 V8 U! BOk, let's go back to my daughter's story. That French principal asked me make an appointment at the office to see him and bring my daughter's report card from that Spanish school. Few days later(before the appointment, it was in April), when my dauthter and me walking in the West Edmonton Mall, we saw my daughter's grade one teacher. She asked,"Why I did not see your daughter in school this school? Where did she go?" I explained to her and I also told her I am plannning seding her back to that francophone school. But one thing I have to do first is to meet the principal again and show him my daughter's report card. The teacher said,"What? He does not know your daughter. I know your daughter very well, she will have no problem to catch up French even thought she has not spoken French for one year. I will tell the principal that he should has no doubt to let your daughter back to school." I said, "Thank you very much. But I already have an appointment next week with the principal. If he still says NO to me after he sees the report card, I might need your help(recommendation) then." Bla Bla Bla....after the principal saw the report card, he was very happy to welcome my daughter back....I think no any principal will reject smart kids studying at his school! Now, my daughter's grade 4 started at French school in 2007. In October, 2007, I received my daughter's provincial test report by mail(because my daughter did not attend that Spanish school any more, that school mailed the report to me). I showed that report to principal. He was so excited to see that report and told me they have "gifted child program" to offer if my daughter is qualified. His attitude to changed so much, from doubting my dughter's ability to compliment. I asked him how to get this program to apply at my daughter. He said, "We need to collect some evidence. Now we have your daughter's grade 3 report card and provincial test report. We still have to see her school work, the comments from her teacher, the assesment from psychologist.....After all the evidence are collected, we will bring your daughter's file to school board and they will evaluate." I said, "Yes, please proceed what you have to do". Few days later, my daughter brought home a letter(in English, especially for me!). Usually the school letter, notice,....are all in French! I have to sign on that letter to agree they collect and observe my daughter's study and also the assesment.
/ g1 v# F: B! Y4 D& U3 H( _8 ?
" n; Z( U; O- JIt is midnight, I have to go to bed. I will come back to finish it when I have time tomorrow.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-20 19:17 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
回复一个,看看内容
鲜花(31) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-21 10:54 | 显示全部楼层

Thank you for the info

I want to know it1
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-21 12:48 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
有意思,看看加国的重点班有何神奇的地方。
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-21 12:53 | 显示全部楼层
我觉得还是尊重孩子自己的个人意愿比较好,大人在旁边顶多起指导作用,而不是把自己意志强加到孩子头上,要知道并不是你去参加这个challenge班。你觉得7周的课没啥,孩子可不是这么想,而且孩子在这方面的发言权比大人要重要。我个人不赞成老杨这种所谓的“劝导”方式。(当然,不了解内幕,随便说说,仅从帖子里的内容来看,我是很不赞同的)
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-21 12:55 | 显示全部楼层
看看~偶也在您的女儿学校读书。。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-21 13:09 | 显示全部楼层
很感兴趣,我的小孩今年也要上GRADE ONE 了.
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-9-3 22:08 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Sorry, I came back to continue my story so late and sorry for can not type Chinese.
6 o, L5 S) K3 C: w" ~% c5 s) W# K2 k: w9 N6 n) M8 L
In February, the psychologist came to school to give my daughter IQ test. The psychologist asked my daughter which language she prefers to use during the test. She picked Englsh instead of French. The psychologist came to school twice to finish the test and assesment and school board paid all the cost.. l4 q9 H2 k0 g* V5 ]9 w' {- m

, o$ ^1 Q" X5 S4 t* ?In April, the assesement result is finished and the psychologist was giving the presentation. The principal, the teacher, the school conciler and me were all required to attend the presentation. After the presentation, we discussed how school could offer a gifted child program for my daughter. I was quite disappointed that it seems they did not have quite much experience to set up a learning plan for my daughter. But I do agree what the psychologist said, "We do not really encourage gift kids at your daughter's age(she was 9) skipping grade to stay with higher graders. It is better for her to stay with same age peers."
, |, l3 r; u# f$ w3 B* P
; @7 ]5 \; a; rIn June, I found quick guide book published by Edmonton public school board in library. On page 12 I found the instroduction of SPECIAL EDUCATION NEEDS PROGRAMMING. You also can find this on WWW.epsb.ca this site. ' i; Z8 O' `$ V# ?+ z( |- P

+ r* ~6 c" w8 I; }# W: [) [The following two programs caught my attention:+ W& I* Z" f( j4 U1 _1 J
1 O- x/ s& ~/ E! d& v
***CHALLENGE(I believe it is what most people call as "AC" program):; W+ O( D( R, {- m# \. i% f
is provided for elementary and junior high students who demonstrate high ability and excellent achievement. Students are grouped together for enriched, challenging and well-paced programming specifically designed to meet the special education needs of high-ability learners.
2 F% T9 V$ Z- X0 ?5 z$ y
6 T; i( h2 }; V6 G. p4 C0 h***EXTENSIONS:
* Q2 y4 w4 l. Vis esigned for elementary and junior high students who have extremely high intellectual ability and a primary need for gifted educational programming. Students are assisted to achieve academically, extending beyond curriculum in areas of strength, and to learn about and apply positive coping strategies in areas of challenge.0 C, |: m9 r/ f; {, f. ^5 X

9 @3 H' X* e! M& }* }- sI have heard AC before and I have some friends's kids go to AC and I know there are many edmonton schools offer AC program. But what is Extensions program? Have you ever heard about it?+ N& D; C6 o# `+ v8 r; k
# T) f0 M7 s& l9 I/ p1 p" W% P. m
So I phoned the school and talked to the principal. I explained to her first that my daughter has the assesment report from the psychologist and I wondered wether this program is designed for my daughter's need. She said, "why don't you come over to visit our school and you will see the kids in the extensions program." Next afternoon I took my daughter to McKernan school.
5 w/ F/ W$ v/ p" ?1 W  _: V$ r1 a5 ?# b" z
McKernan school is the only one school in Edmonton offer EXTENSIONS program.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-9-3 23:19 | 显示全部楼层
I want to say that I am not here to brag about my daughter. I think there is no one at this website knows who I am....except Jane Li....she is such a nice lady!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-10-3 08:31 , Processed in 0.328982 second(s), 58 queries , Gzip On, APC On.