找回密码
 注册
查看: 912|回复: 1

其实日车的质量 is NOT always that bad(ZT)

[复制链接]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-2-24 01:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
很多70年代80年代甚至是90年代初丰田老车(多半是pickup&camry)的车主都在网上评论,说丰田车那个时候的质量的确是bullet proof。我好几个美国朋友,开的都是很老的丰田的小型皮卡,Tacoma的前身,里程都将近30万迈以上。俺坐过多次,感觉很好,没有任何老旧的迹象。他们也没有换很多零部件。: Z; W5 _% F$ j1 }" Z: y6 K$ [
也难怪,当年丰田想削尖脑袋挤进北美市场时,差点都赔本卖了。+ o/ l3 s1 s( h4 s! W
! n4 R; k+ {  M# q3 }7 I
但是后来呢,丰田越做越大,最终成为了世界第一大车商,同时质量上也急速下滑。这一点非常合情理。为什么呢?: A* }, L4 {, z5 n( K
因为要保持销量,就要有卖点,持续的卖点。就是省油和多项配置。
2 u( L# m  y0 J& E* u5 l8 ~省油不是从发动机革新来省的(那很难,没几辆车能做到),而是从减轻重量来达到这一目的(如下面润兄所言)。这就是丰田造车里面的非主动式偷工减料。
# {. }/ F) c% `4 h" i其次,随着年代的发展,车的各项配置越来越多,比如现在侧安全气囊都成标准配置了。但是车配了那么多东西,价钱却不能上去,不然顾客不乐意了,买的就少了。而且成本也不愿意提高,为什么呢?因为车商当然要至少相同的利润。所以怎么办呢?就在偷工减料,所以关于机械工程里面安全体系的redundant system,能不用就不用。反正所有redundant system真正到使用的情况概率都很低,丰田自信能够应付媒体-cover up那些低概率事件。这是丰田造车的主动式偷工减料,这个比前一个跟可恨,因为其根源是厂商想继续维持或甚至是扩大利润,同时保持价格的基础上,主动采用的工商业欺诈行为。; z% Q  A1 E9 O
# z, y# w: d" l$ s- P- V
所以本人在这里不是想故意贬日车褒美车。是想说,任何一家车商成为了龙头老大,销量做到了最大的时候,同时也就是其质量最差的时候。这一点,美国车商已经经历过了,见怪不怪。这就是为什么当丰田去年年初荣升销量榜首时,GM的总裁会心的苦笑祝贺,是啊,自己就是这么走过来的。这个世上,风水永远是轮流转,没有永恒的颠峰。2 l; [0 v6 v- j# F* Z* I; Z- M

) b. j3 i. D. e, H这是个没有办法改变的铁的事实,是工商业资本家无限制地谋取最大利润与消费者的自身安全利益之间的不可调和的矛盾冲突,就是这边制造业常提的conflict of interest。之所以有细微差别就是,欧美车从金钱和司法上都吃过惨重教训,如今就算仍然维持自身赚取利润的利益,也不敢逾越一定的限度。而丰田没有经验教训,个人(或集团) 私欲极度膨胀,在自身利益和顾客利益之间,没有找到平衡点,而只是一味地追求销量、利润。从而导致了今天的恶果。也算是在意料之中。# Q# s) B, \, n& j( `6 W2 C6 C

) n4 z# N3 P  y" L. f9 `; N如果丰田真的还想挽回信誉,就需要努力回到那个LC/Pickup称雄的旧时代
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2010-2-24 01:19 | 显示全部楼层
丰田承认换踏板不一定能全部解决加速问题7 o: u+ o. k5 k" k
By LARRY MARGASAK and KEN THOMAS
# z: U/ t' Y7 W  M4 e& W0 sWashington (AP) -- The president of Toyota's U.S.7 m$ e' u, p% a
operations acknowledged to skeptical lawmakers on Tuesday that
5 O1 S  m+ N. ]* d! Pthe company's recalls of millions of its cars may "not totally"1 @; I( U3 ?2 p$ r
solve the problem of sudden and dangerous acceleration.
4 M( \* Y) ]8 u4 S  T! ?) p( j"We are vigilant and we continue to look for potential
$ V5 r# o& N% \8 Z3 N) Z6 S& Y$ _causes," Toyota's James Lentz told a congressional panel.
& C* S0 S+ \, [1 o# V2 nHowever, he repeated his company's position that unexpected
% Q' v9 h! {- J% iacceleration in some of the company's most popular cars and2 T1 ~2 L% N* _. r
trucks was caused by one of two problems -- misplaced floor6 D) e# i, C& X; s
mats and sticking accelerator pedals.: m, [; E+ g; r* e+ d& e6 L- ?1 b
He insisted electronic systems connected to the gas pedal
' B6 L- J. k! b* t' qand fuel line did not contribute to the problem, drawing sharp
( L# N) `$ ]4 i5 c: @& _  D4 rcriticism from lawmakers who said such a possibility should be
* J5 b9 L: t, V; a0 Hfurther explored -- and from a tearful woman driver who could
' `4 c: Z0 U3 d* R; _  U* |not stop her runaway Lexus.7 e8 Q7 o2 d) M% D# J. T- w6 }' Y4 @
"Shame on you, Toyota," Rhonda Smith, of Sevierville,
8 n1 N9 v0 c: b3 g$ _Tenn., said at a congressional hearing. Then she added a second, i# d, `+ K! Q" x8 ]
"shame on you" directed at federal highway safety regulators.- s1 y) g& l+ I, O6 }( ?8 [& o
Texas Republican Rep. Joe Barton cautioned his colleagues5 o; N$ n, [+ k5 a2 q3 H: _
early in the hearing against conducting a "witch hunt" and said; P2 {, \1 X6 j! s2 V+ G  {, {
"We don't want to just assume automatically that Toyota has" W8 s6 {! H4 z+ @
done something wrong and has tried to cover it up." But midway, }( Z$ B! \; o1 p# Z, e9 m/ l* d
through Lentz's testimony, Barton said of Toyota's+ Q& [) T( ]' k& w: \
investigation of the problems: "In my opinion, it's a sham."
  C/ f' A3 _5 u5 C. `Lentz said the company had not completely ruled out an
) i* S  h2 s* j+ uelectronics malfunction and was still investigating causes of5 x. Z2 \  B* b; E5 _" O
the sudden acceleration. Still, "We have not found a
/ S4 J& Z4 w0 ~/ D$ Dmalfunction" in the electronics of any of the cars at issue, he" ?6 d' j6 O! S: x9 i; D
said.
' h0 e! E% c& mAs to Smith's harrowing story, "I'm embarrassed for what
$ G8 n" r0 b& F! g  H( C, M! f$ P, Ehappened," Lentz said. "I want her and her husband to feel safe; O, x+ _8 Q7 y2 o& c+ |9 Q
about driving our products," Lentz said.
- K- h+ f6 A4 I! W& I& C7 t) hThree congressional panels are investigating Toyota's: t+ U, n6 @4 p
problems, which affect a huge number of Americans. Toyota has! h4 p8 a6 }. Q$ U, P+ v" F9 z* }
recalled some 8.5 million vehicles worldwide -- more than 6. o7 p7 X7 @8 k8 P# S7 H
million in the United States -- since last fall because of
) G7 [& L& A' vunintended acceleration problems in multiple models and braking, F. M* |$ P  o' L
issues in the Prius hybrid. It is also investigating steering
. [7 u4 b( ^; a8 {0 E+ sconcerns in Corollas. People with Toyotas have complained of
( U5 P% t% [3 B8 v; Y2 Otheir vehicles speeding out of control despite efforts to slow
3 M9 w7 L0 z( ?8 d; U" L/ Idown, sometimes resulting in deadly crashes. The government has
- ^- I+ ]& ~# u# Treceived complaints of 34 deaths linked to sudden acceleration
5 m) C8 `, E! W: W4 ]of Toyota vehicles since 2000.9 }6 X- ~( `% [( C4 H
Lentz, who choked up while discussing the death of his own
* _( P9 w' P8 p7 W0 |8 Dbrother more than 20 years ago in a car accident, said he( p. ]6 y: \/ S$ W
understood the pain.
, h4 Y- [$ Y* q# [$ W( e8 B( x"I know what those families go through," he said./ w& ~1 A- `2 z) W  i
Lentz has said in the past that he was confident Toyota's+ ?2 p8 S2 `6 r9 B- s+ x/ |) _, ^
fixes on the recalled vehicles would correct the problems.
- _3 g" g: g; W3 G# e! {But when pressed by Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman+ N7 a4 n% j$ t4 H! Z# G
Henry Waxman, D-Calif., on whether the two recalls Toyota put. E+ B% D, N% {# e3 ]
in place to deal with the issue would completely solve it,
8 X1 X" L6 f, @, x0 Y0 d8 pLentz replied: "Not totally."
& l9 I7 a; E2 x8 b+ DStill, he said chances of unintended accelerations were
% Q: E9 R' k% v4 K& {& g"very, very slim" once the recall was complete. Lentz also said
! q5 r8 X- W! [Toyota was putting in new brakes that can override the gas- p' q- L  I2 Y4 h1 G0 I
pedal on almost all of its new vehicles and a majority of its" y* t& A' l4 _; R* n) ~
vehicles already on the road.6 q+ r  v9 M0 g
Meanwhile, Toyota president Akio Toyoda, who will testify" e0 D' i. W2 [; S4 Q" h: A
before a separate panel on Wednesday, said he took "full& \* r! F/ Z: s$ H
responsibility" for the uncertainty felt by Toyota owners and( @, ~% v, A4 U) z  N1 S! F
offered his condolences to a San Diego, Calif., family who were
- C( U, `6 m" F" p9 a/ k7 [, ~killed in late August, reigniting interest in the problems.& R- ^2 a( |0 q0 n7 a1 v
"I will do everything in my power to ensure that such a+ K' k" M/ `4 z" S, @+ ]! E
tragedy never happens again," Toyoda said in prepared testimony2 h: C. ?1 N* @& \: r* L9 _
for Wednesday's hearing to the House Government Oversight
. |6 r9 e& n0 D, ~) j$ ]Committee. "My name is on every car. You have my personal
' s% t$ E! f' V5 E( Vcommitment that Toyota will work vigorously and unceasingly to3 s1 X$ g2 X4 Z6 K4 y% P% ^
restore the trust of our customers."& Y+ ?+ n9 u# U) s+ e2 a( c
Lawmakers heard a brief, but riveting, deion from
. C  X, Z, U7 U/ e" PSmith, the Tennessee woman whose Toyota-made Lexus suddenly
6 z  o$ Q3 u& a# H+ d2 vzoomed to 100 miles per hour as she tried to get it to stop --
1 ]) T! u6 n& M$ K3 x4 A7 oshifting to neutral, trying to throw the car into reverse and
* G; j7 b8 V4 B) P$ a5 Phitting the emergency brake. Finally, her car slowed enough" h  ]" G* g# _/ L3 V
that she was able to pull it off the road onto the median and
5 x' n* f$ Q$ R6 G' gturn off the engine.$ m, \- D  D; |# u4 e2 V! P; W- i
Fighting back tears, she described her nightmare ride of
+ L/ u$ F* Z+ r. MOctober 2006, calling it "a near death experience."/ ~  K, n- ]% p. }" U- U
"After six miles, God intervened" and slowed the car, she
" P0 U. K; O# l: tsaid. She added that it took a long time for Toyota to respond1 q) r; R7 W# @8 T# x3 ^! O, q' p
to her complaints.
  ?# U; z. @) s1 d/ \2 I+ B$ tIn an often contentious full day of testimony, lawmakers" E( E/ J8 [( k9 |: H! }6 ~8 C$ I8 K
returned again and again to the question of whether electronic" g: v0 m# v; B. U$ }9 P7 {
malfunctions may have contributed to the speeding cars.5 I9 `5 r. v- M( p2 }( t& {
"We are confident that no problems exist with the electric! z/ m; ~7 W. X5 C7 E; J; X" }
throttle control system in our vehicles," Lentz said. He cited& c$ e6 p" I; V# a
"fail-safe mechanisms" in the cars that were designed to shut
7 E9 ?) M% r' U6 j& ]# Noff or reduce engine power "in the event of a system failure."' J6 Z3 r& G, k' ~
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood told the panel in
2 s+ q! Z- q, c( E' mprepared testimony that possible electronics problems were# ?1 u9 `2 X' ^/ c
being looked into by his agency. He said the company's recalls
( E! }0 V  h2 hwere important steps but "we don't maintain that they answer& r# W8 @6 v) k+ i0 H( |7 |
every question.", [1 n- p( s* B
Toyota hired a consulting firm to analyze whether- D  {, q4 `6 `2 @$ ~8 {1 M
electronic problems could cause unintended acceleration. The: e8 W- f  {9 o/ Q
firm, Exponent Inc., found no link between the two. But
4 V+ e" f7 `3 [( ?  B- bcommittee investigators said the testing studied only a small' U7 Y7 ~7 V0 n/ b
number of vehicles$ A. e6 k8 I1 Q: T% V0 P
Tracking down an electrical problem can be far more
: L) u4 P9 B' Idifficult, expensive and time-consuming than finding a1 z4 H, V. |# B1 X: R
mechanical problem. Electrical problems can have more than one
3 k. Q2 F4 t+ E6 ]* m  F; Q' z9 O% j- Lsource, and they can come from inside or outside the car.* b5 F& K4 ~5 Z6 G( _- W# X  j
Mechanical problems often leave clues such as physical damage,5 f- j0 [( n( p: a
where electronic troubles can be hidden in software or leave no4 [# ~7 G& D( Y* }2 A% k# ~
trace at all.
) `/ T( N: r( e# l/ z! a- sHouse investigators who reviewed Toyota's customer call/ X* M: U4 v6 p: _  p* ]
database found that 70 percent of the complaints of sudden3 Y. ?0 f3 D+ E4 ?, N! y  F, L
acceleration were for vehicles that are not subject to the* q$ ]; G6 t2 N) d
recalls over floor mats or sticky pedals.
$ R" [, q$ d( h% U  {- b- ^+ u) e9 LRep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., chairman of the subcommittee,8 Z+ O- [7 ?* h; o
said Toyota "misled the American public by saying that they and) s0 \: W3 {9 P1 f
other independent sources had thoroughly analyzed the& K5 h$ P, u9 Y, G# Q4 O" b. k
electronics systems and eliminated electronics as a possible
0 m1 Q2 l/ ^0 ?# }- @+ Lcause of sudden unintended acceleration when, in fact, the only2 k$ _9 u- l  h0 z7 X) l
such review was a flawed study conducted by a company retained
1 S  I( q& k9 H9 xby Toyota's lawyers."
- j" h7 x3 w" r9 u. I8 V# r8 }Lentz apologized anew for the company's slow handling of" ], r+ B' n  @9 [
problems. "We have not lived up to the high standards our
7 a. n8 m3 e; c6 O1 ncustomers and the public have come to expect from Toyota," he, J0 |$ n8 V+ ]* W9 {1 u
said.9 r/ f: {  Z2 r1 V. W1 `
"Put simply, it has taken us too long to come to grips with8 N% L; z& M6 L# C5 \
a rare but serious set of safety issues, despite all of our
2 i7 M' r* W& ?3 B. O5 Xgood faith efforts," said Lentz, president and chief operating- U  ]& i9 a8 ^8 _- k
officer of Toyota Motor Sales USA. Inc.% m1 ?8 d1 Q% w  |  e8 }
Separately, among hundreds of Toyota dealers lobbying
( G  J2 }) m4 t5 A" I% \, @members of Congress Tuesday, there seemed to be widespread) \4 n3 B3 m2 k( ^' B4 G. c
rancor toward a federal government they view as picking on the/ e6 n  u5 P/ D8 @" o
automaker, at least in part because of the government's
7 E8 h0 y& O4 r' b3 }; S: y+ sinvestment of billions of dollars in General Motors and9 {3 X% L# V0 k* v: L) O! \
Chrysler.
+ r) e: u# Q+ \8 k7 W"That's hard for me as a citizen to understand why my tax* s) N  T4 l- ~4 d" M5 T
dollars are going in that direction," Paul Atkinson, a
" j" q3 p! a2 t7 L- GHouston-area Toyota dealer, said at a news conference that also. ?6 W8 M' W( {! U6 b3 a- F
served as a pep rally for the visiting dealers. "To compete
9 W  k' Z% ^& }+ O1 f  d) mwith the government as an individual entrepreneur is pretty! D1 F2 Z7 w- D- {
tough."
1 ^: n. c2 V6 E! {! i9 W7 X3 \---- ~& G- v+ y& e% f/ D
Associated Press writers Alan Fram, Stephen Manning and Tom
; P) H8 D( f; y& F. Z. l- ?Raum in Washington and Tom Krisher in Detroit contributed to
' u5 f9 G: X' _" @9 u! C2 sthis story.( ~! i. n) A  i2 d8 ~: D

, |7 g- Y8 {: N6 S, b% P# P-0- Feb/23/2010 21:04 GMT
老柳教车
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-10-2 21:39 , Processed in 0.089685 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.