找回密码
 注册
查看: 1532|回复: 1

Thanksgiving

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-10-11 22:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
I like thanksgiving more than other holidays in the sense that it does not have any extra burdens to worry about, and it is all about enjoying food and enjoying the time of being together. Everyone is relaxed and just enjoys the life. And amazingly, in my eleven years in Canada, I do not remember any thanksgiving that the weather was not gorgeously beautiful. In my memory, thanksgiving is full of joyous scenes. Families get together, make food, turkeys, pumpkins, cookies, kids joyously run around; people enjoy eating, talking, drinking, and so on. Friends come over, lovers exchange gifts. Everywhere everyone is in happy mood. 5 |5 |2 J" y6 K1 m- A3 }
- s4 F& h8 c9 A& i; f
Beyond the culture of eating, thanksgiving is a time that we appreciate whatever others did for us through our life, help, caring, love, or even favours, courtesies, respects, encouragements… Perhaps meaningfully to some of us, in thanksgiving we also appreciate the achievements we have made ourselves. By doing so, thanksgiving may remind us that each of us, as an individual human being, is only a very small part of the world and we do need being supported at all times by others, or simply blessed by Him the mighty God.2 x! D& X+ w1 |# F* R1 c; E

4 P6 d. x5 f1 |' S; D( aThanksgiving is a new culture for new immigrants who come from China. But amazingly I have often so gladly heard our Chinese folks talking about making thanksgiving dinners and enjoying time with families and friends. I am so glad that our folks are adapting to the new world in such a quick yet positive fashion. I have known a couple and have been their very close friends since we landed on this land as immigrants. The man cooks turkey dinner in every thanksgiving and always invites friends to come over, even though the lady never likes turkeys for some reasons. Great appreciation to my very special friends., I) U7 I4 g+ b0 x4 c, B
- G: b0 w+ E3 U& V! R8 O6 e" m
This thanksgiving is about over and while thanking all the people around my life, please allow me to take this moment to thank my father and mother for their true love and caring about me through my entire life.     
鲜花(499) 鸡蛋(10)
发表于 2010-10-12 05:05 | 显示全部楼层
werd, bro
老柳教车
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-24 20:14 , Processed in 0.152370 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.